Bible Reading 6/6-12/2021
Sunday, June 6 – Saturday, June 12, 2021
- June 6 1 Samuel 2:12-4:1a, Proverbs 6:20-35
- June 7 1 Samuel 4:1b-5:12, Proverbs 7:1-27
- June 8 1 Samuel 6-7, Proverbs 8:1-36
- June 9 1 Samuel 8-9, Proverbs 9:1-18
- June 10 1 Samuel 10-12, Proverbs 10
- June 11 1 Samuel 13:1-14:48, Proverbs 11
- June 12 1 Samuel 14:49-15:35, Proverbs 12
English Standard Version
The Blessings of Wisdom
Does not wisdom call?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
2 On the heights beside the way,
at the crossroads she takes her stand;
3 beside the gates in front of the town,
at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
4 “To you, O men, I call,
and my cry is to the children of man.
5 O simple ones, learn prudence;
O fools, learn sense.
6 Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what is right,
7 for my mouth will utter truth;
wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
8 All the words of my mouth are righteous;
there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.
9 They are all straight to him who understands,
and right to those who find knowledge.
10 Take my instruction instead of silver,
and knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is better than jewels,
and all that you may desire cannot compare with her.